Directions: Manchester Office Directions: Tolland Office
About Dr. Silva:
Eneida M. Silva, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut, Ph.D., Doctoral program in Clinical Psychology, Storrs, CT, 1990.
Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts, 1983
Magna cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa
High Honors in Psychology
Clinical Neuropsychology Division of American Psychological Association
Neuropsychological Rotation (Internship)
Human Information Processing
Genetic Determinants of Behavior
Conditioning and Learning
Practicum in Adult Psychotherapy
Practicum in Child Psychotherapy
Professional Experience and Training:
- Advanced Psychological Services, Tolland and Hartford, CT,
Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist. Neuropsychological assessment of English speaking and Spanish speaking children and adults. Psycho-educational assessment with a focus on Learning Disability/Dyslexia. Language dominance and language processing
of bilingual children. Pyscho-sexual evaluations. Evaluation of children
with ADHD, post-traumatic stress disorder, and learning deficits, January 1991
- Hartford Board of Education, Hartford, CT, School Psychologist. Psychological assessment of Caucasian, Latino, African American, and Portuguese speaking children, with learning disabilities, intellectual impairment, autism, traumatic brain injury, language deficits, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, developmental disorders, and social/emotional issues. Grades K-12, September 1995 - March 2008, and April 2010 - present.
- Charter Oak
Terrace/Rice Heights Health Center,
Hartford, CT. Psychologist. Psychological assessment
and therapy of children with learning deficits, attentional problems,
oppositionality, depression, anxiety, etc.
Family treatment with a racially and culturally diverse population. February 1993 - September 1995.
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Clinical Adjunct Faculty Member. Supervision of Psychological
Assessment Practicum for doctoral level psychology graduate students, February 1993 -September 1995.
- Casey Family Services, Hartford, CT. Research Associate. Research and program
evaluation of post-adoption program of high-risk children, March 1992 - December 1992.
- United Social and Mental Health
Services, Willimantic, CT. Post-Doctoral Fellowship. Psychological
assessment, psychotherapy, emergency services, and crisis intervention, July 1990 - December 1991.
- University of
Connecticut Student Mental Health Center, Storrs, CT. Psychotherapist - Counseling and
psychotherapy (individual, couples, and group) with young adults ranging in
ages 17 through 25, September 1989 - May 1990.
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center and Worcester State Hospital, Worcester, MA. Psychology Intern. Assessment and treatment of patients with neuropsychological issues. Outpatient adult therapy in Eating Disorders
Clinic and Department of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine of UMass Medical
Center. Treatment of patients on Acute
Ward of Worcester State Hospital, August 1988 - August 1989.
Directions to the Manchester Office:
Directions to the Tolland Office:
Locations and Detailed Directions:
Advanced Psychological Services, LLC
117 East Center Street
Manchester, CT 06040
Advanced Psychological Services, LLC (Directions below)
24 Goose Lane
Tolland, CT 06084
Directions to Tolland, CT Office:
From Norwich/Willimantic/Coventry area: Take Route 32 all the way to Route 195. You will pass through Willimantic on your way there and then it’s about 12 or so miles after that. Make a left onto Route 195 - there is a Mobil/Exxon gas station on the left. Go about 1.5 miles and turn left at Goose Lane. Office is shortly after that on the right.
From Hartford/New Britain/Vernon/Manchester area: Take 84 East to exit 68. At end of exit, take a right onto 195 (going towards UConn). Go about half a mile and turn right at Goose Lane. Office is shortly after that on the right.